II. Privacy Protection Policy
- Applicable Scope
- Purposes of Collection, Types of Data and Use of Personal Data
The NTHU Network will not collect any personal identity information if you simply browse on the NTHU Network. The NTHU Network will record a user's IP address, the time that a user spent on the NTHU Network, the webpages browsed by a user within the NTHU Network and so on, as a reference for improving website services. The NTHU Network will only analyze the overall behavior of all users instead of any individual user.
To provide the services currently listed on the NTHU Network (e.g., activity information, online surveys, opinion mailbox, facilities rental services, donations, etc.) and other subsequent new services, NTHU may require you to provide your name, ID card number, e-mail address, contact number and other personal data. You may choose whether or not to provide the required personal data; however, if the required personal data is necessary for the provision of the services, NTHU will not be able to provide you with such services as you do not provide the required personal data.
To fully protect your personal privacy, NTHU shall collect, process and use your personal data in accordance with NTHU's relevant regulations on business operation and the Personal Data Protection Act. Your personal data retained by NTHU shall only be used in the territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu. Should the transfer of personal data out of said territory be necessary, your prior consent will be obtained, if required, and the transfer shall be conducted under proper and adequate protection.
- Data Sharing and Disclosure
The NTHU Network will not arbitrarily sell, exchange or rent any of your personal data to any other groups, individuals or private enterprises unless in any of the following situations:
- To cooperate in the legal investigation conducted by the judicial branch of the government;
- To cooperate in the relevant authorities' investigation or performance of their duties;
- To act pursuant to legal requirements; or
- To act after the necessary consent of the data subject is obtained as required by law.
- Retention Period and Safeguarding Personal Data
NTHU will retain the personal data until the specific purpose for the collection and process of the personal data no longer exists or the relevant period expires.
To prevent the data from being illegally obtained by a third party during the transfer process, the host of the NTHU Network is equipped with firewalls, anti-virus systems and other information security facilities and adopts necessary security protection measures.
- Methods of Exercising Personal Data Rights
After providing personal data on the NTHU Network, you may exercise the following rights pursuant to the PDPA:
- Check and review the data;
- Request a copy of the data;
- Request to supplement or rectify the data;
- Request to cease the collection, processing, or use of the data; and
- Request to delete the data.
Please note that after you request NTHU to delete your personal data from one of the NTHU Network's services, you may no longer entitled to use such service if NTHU may not continue to provide the service due to the deletion of the personal data.
In lieu of deleting the personal data, NTHU will cease to collect, process, or use the personal data in any of the following situations:
- A retention period required by law or contract;
- Sufficient reasons to believe that the deletion will infringe on the data subject's interests which are worth protecting; or
- Other legitimate reasons substantiating that the personal data cannot be deleted.
Please contact National Tsing Hua University during working hours if you intend to exercise the relevant rights:
Tel: 03-5715131 transfer to each case handling unit's extension (please refer to NTHU's Personal Data Protection Website for the list of each unit keeping the personal data): https://pims.site.nthu.edu.tw/p/412-1095-85.php?Lang=zh-TW.
III. Revisions to the Privacy Protection Policy